Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Introductions

I just so happen to be an avid golfer.  Golf is a huge part of my life.  I'm also a full time student, working a summer job for 37.5 hours a week, taking summer classes, and trying to figure out some kind of love life.  I'm not a professional golfer, sports psychologist, or teaching pro and I'm not trying to be.  I am simply a college kid who's been playing golf his whole life, and I believe I know a lot about the game that I want to share. 

As the title to this blog suggests, I will be writing mostly about the mental part of the game of golf.  I and many others believe that to be a successful golfer, one must have a strong mind.  Obtaining a strong mind is probably the hardest part of any golfer's career, whether they are professional or amateurs.  Some people may call this "getting in the zone."  I currently play on a Division III college golf team.  When I started playing at the college level, I realized something amazing about golf..... nerves.  Controlling your nerves when playing a competitive round of golf is the key to success.  I started out my college career not playing very well.  I really wanted to make the team and play in tournaments against other colleges.  What this did was make my mind focused on one thing, doing well.  Since then I have learned that in order to play well, you need to not care what your score is or is going to be.  This is some insight into my personal version of the "zone," but since this is just an introduction into what I will be talking about, I will go no further today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment