Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Trust

When playing golf, it is very important to trust yourself.  In order to hit great shots consistently, you must have faith in your own calculations and swing.  You take all the time through your routine to figure out how to hit your shot so you might as well at least trust your own calculations.  This trust may be the little extra you needed to finish your swing and get through the ball, or to simply be able to withstand pressure in a tournament.  Either way, you need to trust yourself.  Have faith in what you are doing.  One of my particulars in my routine forces me to trust myself.  After I pick my line from behind the ball, I step up to it and line my club and my body up to that point (which is usually only about 6 inches in front of the ball).  I try to not even look up at my target, but simply focus on that one point close to the ball.  I put all my trust into that line I picked and then proceed to hit the ball.  I found that if I don't look up at my target, I forget what I'm trying to do and I simply focus on hitting the ball solid and over that line.  When I do this, my trust is completely in my own line and I have no doubts because technically I don't know where I'm even hitting it.  So I suggest you find some trust in your routine, because it really helps and it will also make the confidence in your own personal golf game increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment